Sr Software Engineer – ML Infrastructure for Personalization, by our hiring partner, Netflix.
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Today, we think of the Netflix service less as a monolithic product and more as hundreds of millions of different products, serving uniquely personalized experiences to each of our member profiles. One of the teams powering this effort is the Personalization Infrastructure team, which builds scalable Machine Learning infrastructure for accelerating innovation for Netflix recommendations, content promotion, and search algorithms.
We are looking for a star Senior Software Engineer with experience building ML infrastructure and/or platforms in production. The work involves building common libraries for feature generation during offline training and online scoring, generalizing contextual bandits based Explore/Exploit pipelines, and making it easy to leverage latest ML toolkits. Some of the other focus areas for the team include orchestrating production workflows for the ML pipelines, snapshotting and serving accurate online data for training, scaling the compute infrastructure and standardizing how product experiences are configured and served to members for continuous online A/B Tests.
You will be working closely with ML researchers, data scientists, and engineers in the Personalization and Recommendations domain and helping them scale their adhoc explorations and online tests. Occasionally, you may also partner with the researchers and product managers to collaborate on the modeling and data exploration for a particular member-facing A/B Test.
To be successful in this role, you must have a passion for building robust engineering systems and understanding how to scale machine learning. You should possess a great sense for designing the right abstractions and interfaces for your consumers. You will need the ability to learn fast and work cross functionally with several teams. We value work-life balance and believe that some of the best work happens in dynamic low-process environments.
This role will allow you to gain intimate knowledge of Netflix Personalization, while working for a unique and pioneering company that is redefining how video content is consumed globally.
- Strong bias towards action and great curiosity
- Experience working on Machine Learning infrastructure at a large Internet-scale organization
- Experience working with solutions for ML Engineers/Researchers
- 4+ years of relevant experience post BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Production experience with object oriented and/or functional programming paradigms
- Excellent communication and people engagement skills
- Experience in Personalization/Recommendation domain
- Conceptual understanding of statistical and probabilistic machine learning
- Distributed systems experience working with Spark, Mesos, Zookeeper, and HDFS
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS
To learn more, here are some talks and blog posts from the PI Team:
ML Orchestration for Netflix Recommendations
Scala DSL for ML Training Set Stratification
Time Travel for Feature Generation
Netflix is going places (A personal insight into our culture)
You can learn more about Netflix’s unique culture of Freedom and Responsibility, that presents an opportunity to work with some of the best and the brightest, allowing you to make a difference to the business in a meaningful way.
we will review with hiring manager from Netflix.